|WITS '15 Group Photo - please credit Women in Travel Summit |
by Wanderful (1)
Are you a travel blogger? If so, you need to be at the Women in Travel Summit (WiTS16) in Irvine, CA March 18-20. I have always been told that writers write, and bloggers blog. However, if you are going to blog, then you should hang out and learn from other bloggers in an effort perfect your trade. And, if you travel the world and you write about your experiences, then why would you pass up the opportunity to meet and learn from others who do the same thing you do? Here are five great reasons you should be in Irvine, CA at the 2016 Women in Travel Summit…
1. It’s California: Need I say more?
|WITS '15 Attendees 2 - please credit Kayti Burt for|
Women in Travel Summit by Wanderful
2. Networking: Your net worth is only as great as your network. It’s important to connect with link-minded people, especially in the lonely world of blogging. Many bloggers spend a great deal of time alone sitting in front of a computer typing or talking into a camera trying to get people like yourself to learn, explore, enhance, or rethink what they are currently doing. Therefore, networking is a great way to learn from other experts in your field, collaborate, and find people who have one too; a desire to tell a story to help others.
3. Learning Opportunity: It’s important to grow, and let’s be honest, you know there are somethings that you don’t know that you wish that you knew. So, go to California, network, and learning something about what you love. Sounds like a win-win to me. You know things change in so fast that it is imperative that you stay ahead of the curve so that you can remain relative.
|Add caption WITS '14 Speaker Bayyina Black - please credit Kayti Burt |
for Women in Travel Summit by Wanderful (1)
4. Business Development: Okay, you blog, that’s wonderful! However, do you honestly want to work a 9 to 5 job when you love to travel and explore the world? You know the answer is a resounding NO! You would rather be boarding a plane and looking at your wonderful itinerary of events and places you want to explore. So, if you want to walk away from that boring job that seems to have you caged like a chicken in a chicken coop, then WITS should be the place for you to come and learn about your options to make money and do what you love; travel.
5. Excitement: It’s not rocket science, 500 world travelers with a million stories spells E-X-C-I-T-E-M-E-N-T. Come on! its 500 women who have seen some of the most amazing sunrises, speak several different languages, and eat things no one can pronounce. You know these women have a story to tell about crawling food, and if not, they certainly have a juicy love story about a handsome man they met on a remote island in the middle of nowhere. I mean travel bloggers are indeed the ones living out loud the dream that too many are scared to explore. So, you know they turn all the way up!
|WITS '15 Attendees at our Opening Party - please credit Ashley Hufford|
for Women in Travel Summit by Wanderful
So, there you have it. These are just a few reasons you should be at the Women in Travel Summit in Irvine, CA, March 18-20,2016. If you miss it, don't say I didn't tell you about it when you hear about all the wonderful things that would happen, because I did. I'll be there with or without you, and guess what? You'll read about it because I'll blog about the nice weather in California, the people I met and networked with, all the wonderful things I learned, and most importantly the fun and excitement I had with some of the most wonderful women in the world. Oh, did I mention another reason you should attend, I'll be there speaking!!
To learn more about WITS16, go to http://www.witsummit.com/
Cha is the president of Global Bound Consulting where coaches’ individuals in transition, provides intercultural training, and speaks to school, groups, and organizations. She is also the founder of Expat Women of Color which is a 501C3 organization that helps connect who desire live, work, study and/or travel abroad with other women with similar interest. In here spear time, she loves to travel and see the world. You can contact and learn more about Cha through her personal website www.chajones.com or through her blog www.thenomadicchick.com.